BCS, LLC Published: July 30, 2019
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ BCS is a small business with a 30-year history of helping government, research, and private sector clients implement their programs and missions and achieve success. ~
To enhance national security and economic resiliency by providing best-in-class solutions that improve the performance of government agencies in the energy, environment, defense, and intelligence communities.. We offer a breadth of professional support services in the areas of business management, communications, systems engineering, analysis, and organization performance.
The Energy Market Analyst conducts analysis and modeling of the following:
- Energy Market Dynamics – state policies, regulations, legislation, trends, utility and ISO programs;
- Energy Technologies - solar, battery storage, natural gas, LNG, wind, backup generation;
- Utility Rates & Tariffs – consumption & demand calculations, tariff / rate structures, energy & demand component analysis, peak shaving & load altering economics; and
- Project Structuring - financing structures, new business models, demand-side options, alternative acquisition / procurement paths
- 3+ years of experience with the analysis of energy market trends, data & technologies
- Knowledge of market, policies, incentives, alternative financing structures
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, including economic modeling, data & trend analysis and executive-level presentation of data
- Ability to communicate complex financial models and recommendations in clear and concise presentations, including reports for senior decision makers
- Ability to obtain a security clearance BA or BS degree required
- Experience with preparing business case analyses and developing cost models for various energy technologies
- Experience in working with private sector energy markets or utilities
- Experience with DoD installations on energy-related projects a plus
- Prior experience providing analysis related to projects involving engineering, renewable energy and environmental issues, and portfolio management preferred
- Proficient in applying analytical methods and evaluation techniques to a broad range of functional areas such as financial, technical & market viability and project / concept risk assessment
- Knowledgeable of the range of market dynamics, financial, and technical risks inherent across a variety of energy generation technologies (e.g., solar, battery storage, natural gas, backup generation) as well as appropriate mitigation approaches available or desirableIs well organized with the ability to properly prioritize and adept at time management
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including presenting complex energy data to non–technical senior audiences
- BA or BS degree in Business, Finance, or Economics preferred; MA or MS degree a plus
Compensation: Estimated: $72,000 - $100,000 a year.