When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Resource Innovation Institute (RII) is a not-for-profit, public-private partnership advancing climate resilience.
We partner with industry leaders, efficiency programs, and government agencies such as USDA and US Dept. of Energy to accelerate climate-smart greenhouse and indoor farming, also known as controlled environment agriculture (CEA). RII provides resource efficiency education, training and data-driven verification, in collaboration with CEA producers, researchers, governments, utilities, and the design & construction sector.
If you know how to engage utilities and governments in emerging markets with decarbonization potential, and are looking to make a meaningful difference in the future of humanity, consider joining our team. We are actively finding solutions to address food security, racial equity, and community resilience.
We are seeking a Director of Decarbonization Partnerships to fuel RII’s mission success and organizational growth by establishing key funding relationships with utilities, governments and industry leaders to drive CEA resource efficiency and decarbonization. This foundational work will guide the direction of our organization as we cultivate a better future for all of humanity.
Work Schedule, Location & Environment:
- Starts October 2023
- Full-time, 40 hours/week
- Flexible, remote position; work from home
- Approximately 1-3 in-person work trips expected per quarter
This role manages and directs the following:
- - Partnership Development, in coordination with Executive Director, Finance Director and Marketing Director
- Responsible for business development outreach and planning, building and maintaining an active pipeline of prospects, and reporting on progress at bi-weekly Pipeline meeting
- Prospects will generally be a targeted set of utilities, governments and private sector companies with expertise in energy, construction and horticulture
- Identify and play a team role in responding to targeted RFPs, in partnership with Executive Director, Finance Director and grant consultant
- - Utility Sector Engagement
- Responsible for Utility Working Group recruitment, facilitation and administration. Target members include utilities and efficiency program administrators, implementers & evaluators
- Responsible for account management related to implementer and evaluator clients
- Manage related consulting projects
- Help connect RII members with relevant utility programs
- - Government Partnership Development
- Engage directly in high-profile federally-funded projects, playing a lead role in stakeholder engagement
- Evaluate opportunities from the Inflation Reduction Act, Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act, the Farm Bill, and other Federal programs
- Engage state governments as key partners, with Pennsylvania and California likely among the first
- - Industry Membership Development
- Engage vendors and service providers in emerging segments related to educational content RII is developing (e.g., AI & Advanced Robotics, Energy Services)
- - Corporate, Foundation and Other Resource Development
- Play a support role on additional business development activities
- - Policy Liaison
- Connect the market and policymakers to inform policies and codes that drive effective outcomes
- Responsible for key content in RII publications
This position will work closely with the Executive Director, Finance & HR Director, and Marketing & Membership Director to develop and fine tune compelling offerings for a range of audiences related to:
- Energy & water benchmarking
- Streamlined site feasibility
- Savings validation & performance verification
- Professional credentialing
- Policy guidance
- This position has growth potential, both upward and internationally.
- 5-7 years experience in the energy and/or utility sector (or alike sector who works closely with the utility sector), ideally including work related to controlled environment agriculture (CEA) and/or clean energy / clean technologies
- Experience and passion for relationship building that results in strategic partnerships to position the organization for long-term funding
- Business development experience and competence at planning and communication
- Experience engaging with the public sector on issues related to energy, water and climate
- Autonomous, self-starter who can wear many hats
- Passion to make a meaningful difference in humanity’s future
- Leadership role in multi-stakeholder engagement settings
- Collaborative work style
- Clean energy sector experience and network, including finance and deployment
- Horticulture experience, ideally related to facility resource efficiency
- Design and/or construction experience
- Workforce development experience, particularly where equitable outcomes were achieved
- Experience working with or for USDA, US Dept. of Energy, and other federal agencies
- Familiarity with Inflation Reduction Act, Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act, the Farm Bill, and other Federal programs
- Experience related to advancing community-scale resilience
- Experience drafting and winning RFPs
- MBA or Masters Degree
Compensation & Location
- Compensation will include a competitive base salary of $105K-$125K, plus a team-based bonus
- This position is a member of the Strategic Team
- Competitive benefits package including Simple IRA matching
- Please click "Apply" below to email of both a cover letter and a resume.
- As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to complete a pre-hire assessment.
- Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Our goal to be an accessible, diverse, and intersectional organization representing the industry we serve is only accomplished with an inclusive workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to excellence through diversity. RII does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome and encourage applications from people who belong to underrepresented and/or marginalized groups. RII values the individual and social differences that every person brings to the table.