When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a fast-growing corporate sustainability consulting firm. The company is seeking a Director, Climate Consulting to join the team full time.
In this remote working position, the candidate will help to build out and improve the division and to coordinate and execute our corporate clients’ needs related to navigating the risks and opportunities of a changing climate.
Candidate will be working closely with our client servicing teams to provide expertise and support related to things such as conducting GHG Protocol based corporate inventories for Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3, setting SBTs, renewable energy targets, and Net Zero type goals, organizing and executing plans to meet these goals (through efficiency / mitigation strategies, RECs, Offsets, V/PPAs, etc.), assisting with TCFD / climate-related reporting, scenario analysis, CDP and other investor climate data responses, supply chain (and other stakeholder) engagement and other climate related needs of our corporate clients.
The candidate will work to help develop new business opportunities as well, and hold the primary responsibility to ensure that our client’s needs in this area are met. Client relationship management skills will be necessary as this will be a client and public facing role conveying, building upon, and enhancing G&A’s leadership profile in this area.
G&A anticipates that this business division will be growing significantly in the near future, and we are looking for someone that has multiple years of experience conducting complex GHG inventories for global corporations from a broad set of sectors that can help G&A build out this division and its capabilities to meet our client’s needs. Ability to perform life cycle assessments, water and waste footprints would be a bonus.
More background on G&A Institute and a full suite of client services we provide to our clients are available on our website.
Candidates should have a strong working knowledge and familiarity with corporate sustainability and investor ESG topics & issues including:
- GHG accounting including GHG Protocol, Scopes 1, 2, and 3, various emissions factors databases
- Science-based target setting with the SBTi
- Sustainability reporting and disclosure frameworks especially GRI, SASB, and TCFD, but also others such as IIRC and SDGs
- ESG raters and rankers – especially the work of MSCI, Sustainalytics, Refinitiv, ISS, Bloomberg, etc.
- ESG surveys that companies respond to such as CDP, CSA, EcoVadis, GRESB, and others
- General knowledge of ESG topics, metrics, and data points
- General knowledge of corporate reporting and disclosure
- General knowledge of capital markets, business, and strategy
- GHG Accounting – At least 5-10 years of performing inventories of Scopes 1, 2, and 3 for both small regional organizations and multi-national large entities with complex / global supply chains from a wide array of sectors.
- Disclosure & Reporting – At least 5-10 years of working with organizations to develop climate related disclosures, including TCFD, CDP response, and other climate disclosures commonly seen in sustainability reporting and survey responses.
- Target Setting – At least 3-5 years of helping organizations identify and set climate targets including Science-Based Targets (SBTi), Renewable Energy targets (RE100), Net Zero, and other targets.
- Strong Communications & Credibility –Needs to be able to confidently discuss this topic with our clients, command a professional presence and establish expertise / credibility quickly and consistently. This person will build upon existing client relationships, find new opportunities, and develop new relationships with other important stakeholders.
- Training & Team Building – Needs to demonstrate experience and effectiveness in building, directing, and working in teams. Must be willing and able to train other analysts on client facing teams to enhance their knowledge and capabilities.
- Tools & Software – Experience with climate accounting and strategy related software is a plus. The candidate will be working with the G&A team to further develop relationships with leading ESG software providers and develop and use new tools and software to meet clients’ needs.
- Client Presentations – Ability to collaborate with analyst and design teams to develop concise and powerful deliverables and presentations that communicate results and recommendations.
- Extremely methodical and detail oriented
- Very strong quantitative (and qualitative) analytical skills and excellent conceptual thinking aptitude
- Strong consulting skills
- Self-motivated – passion for the work you will be doing
- Self-directed – able to take initiative and effectively work remotely
- Experienced communications and presentation skills (business writing, speaking, and slide deck presentations)
- Capable of building new systems, tools, and methodologies to make processes more efficient, standardize and ensure quality outputs
- Multitasking / ability to simultaneously manage multiple project workflows, priorities, relationships with clients, and meet deadlines
- Collaborative team player -- work closely with G&A team members, clients, and partner organizations
- Has high integrity, a high bar for quality and rigor, hands-on, proactive attitude
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, climate, environment, or sustainability-related field) with at least 5-10 years of work experience related to the subjects discussed in this job description, with a preference for consulting experience or managing complex internal programs across large organizations
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to conduct water footprints, waste and life cycle analysis of products and services
- Passionate about corporate and investor sustainability
- Good network in sustainability circles
- Public speaking experience such as speaking on panels, leading presentations, and trainings
- Published research or writing on sustainability topics
- Proposal and/or RFP response writing experience
- Other sustainability-related experience (explain in your cover letter)
- Ability to stay abreast of fast changing trends that affect companies
- Location: Fully remote (HQ: New York, NY, USA)
- Travel: We lead by example, which is why remote working is highly encouraged.
- Schedule: Full time, 9am-5pm EST
- Salary Range: Starting at $100,000-120,000+ depending on experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At G&A Institute, we care about all our employees and their wellbeing. G&A Institute is not just an employer, we are a family. By joining our team, you will be treated with fairness, respect, and empathy. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for our planet, working alongside a high-performing and passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge and skills, as well as developing your career in a fun, dynamic, and fast-growing organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We offer countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above requirements send:
- A cover letter outlining the specifics of your work experience and expertise that you believe makes you a good fit for this role
- Samples of writing or research on sustainability or other topics are a plus
- References and/or letter(s) of recommendation (2)
Applicants should click "Apply" below to email their cover letter, resume, and background materials to email@example.com.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. the company does not sponsor employment visas. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered.
Note: Candidates who do not meet these requirements are encouraged to apply regardless, as alternative contractual arrangements may be possible.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a sustainability consulting and research firm headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising, and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for excellence and leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing, ranging from large, well-known companies with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We will add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.