When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a real difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that focuses on what is possible?
About The Company:
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility-scale modular battery energy storage systems (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control systems). That means we build power plants out of batteries that enables sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Summary of Data Scientist Product Analytics role:
Powin’s Product Analytics group seeks a Data Scientist with strong programming capabilities and a passion for clean energy. Product Analytics leads data science at Powin, writing and maintaining software for product and market optimization, system health analysis, and predictive maintenance, among other initiatives. As a member of Product Analytics, you will be a core contributor to a growing portfolio of analytics and machine learning tools. Your work will directly help expand our product offerings, strengthen our software architecture, and maintain and improve the reliability of deployed assets.
- Develop, test, and deploy models that simulate the physical behavior of energy storage systems and components.
- Conduct machine learning experimentation across the development lifecycle, from conception through testing and final conclusions, to identify and test improvements to Powin’s control systems and software.
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and battery cell experts to model core attributes of battery performance, such as internal resistance and state-of-health.
- Harden and productionize analytics models, through code review, testing, documentation, and automation.
- At least three years of relevant experience in data science, preferably in analyzing high-volume telemetry data from sensors and devices
- Advanced proficiency in Python and strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience with cloud-based computing services such as AWS
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, such as version control, code reusability, testing, and documentation
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to effectively engage and collaborate with teams from engineering, sales, and operations
- Background in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related technical field
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!