When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Fermata Energy is pioneering vehicle-to-grid (V2G) systems. Our technology uses the battery capacity in parked electric vehicles (EVs) to provide services that make the electric grid run more efficiently and save customers money on their electric bills.
We’re at an inflection point in history with electric utilities using more green energy (wind and solar) and vehicle manufacturers projecting the rapid transition of all internal combustion vehicle sales to all electric over the next decade. Utilities need grid scale energy storage to smooth out intermittent generation and manage peak load. Parked EV batteries are the energy storage asset best positioned to provide the massive amount of energy storage required. Fermata is the company with V2G sites up and running now, saving customers money now and working to scale up deployments as fast as possible. To learn more, please visit our website.
Fermata Energy is seeking an experienced attorney to join the Company’s Operations and Legal Team as Counsel, Commercial and Operations. This role will provide strategic legal support with respect to commercial transactions and operational support to Company administration.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad variety of company agreements in support of the Company’s operations, ranging from the day-to-day/routine to highly complex transactions, including supply contracts, technology and software related agreements, and services agreements;
- Identify, advise and assist in the identification, escalation and resolution of potential issues and conflicts;
- Support the development of contract templates, participate in and develop processes and training on the use of such templates;
- Participate in the management of the Company’s IP portfolio;
- Assist on data privacy compliance;
- Assist in developing and implementing Company policies and procedures; and
- Other projects and tasks on an as needed basis.
Need to Have Skills:
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school and licensed to practice in at least one of the United States;
- 4+ years of legal experience with at least 2 years at a law firm in the corporate department;
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including vendor agreements and a sound understanding of commercial transactions;
- Capable of taking ownership of projects/matters;
- A strong desire to assume a wide variety of responsibilities (including operations related), be flexible and grow with the Company;
- The ability to work on several projects at once while balancing competing objectives; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with data privacy laws and compliance;
- Experience in IP and managing a portfolio of IP;
- Experience in energy or electrification; or
- Experience with employment law.
Fermata Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Fermata Energy strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.