When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Northeast Wilderness Trust’s (NEWT) mission is to conserve forever-wild landscapes for Nature and people. We safeguard more than 80,000 wild acres across New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.
Northeast Wilderness Trust is the only regional land trust focused exclusively on rewilding through forever-wild conservation. We believe in the immense value of wilderness, both for its intrinsic value and for its unique role to reverse the biodiversity crisis, mitigate climate change, and support human well-being.
The Communications Content Specialist will arrive at a time of remarkable growth and opportunity at Northeast Wilderness Trust. Over the past few years, the organization has grown from a small grassroots effort to a regionally recognized and impactful organization with staff across four states working to dramatically increase the pace of wilderness conservation and championing the wilderness idea. The Communications Content Specialist is a new role and will produce materials and content that elevates Northeast Wilderness Trust’s profile across the region and beyond. This position coordinates and supports an extensive calendar of year-round communication efforts in coordination with the Land Protection, Stewardship, Ecology, and Philanthropy teams.
- Reports to: Operations Director
- Position Type: Full-time salaried
- Location: Montpelier, VT– an office/work-from-home hybrid system
- Starting Salary: $50,000-$65,000 DOE
What You Will Do:
- Develop content for website including blog posts and project pages;
- Develop external content for land protection projects, called Project Profiles;
- Develop content and manage monthly E-newsletter;
- Develop Press Releases and coordinate with media;
- Develop and coordinate content for all social media platforms using Buffer;
- Develop and coordinate content for other print and digital materials including the Annual Report and donor update postcards, etc.;
- Provide writing and editing support for appeals, donor outreach, and gift acknowledgements;
- Ensure brand quality and consistency across all materials and platforms;
- Coordinate photography and video resources with contractors.
What You Will Bring to the Wilderness Trust:
- A passionate commitment to wild Nature and an understanding of wilderness values;
- At least three years of conservation (or related) communications experience;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and be self-starting;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented work environment;
- Very strong writing skills, especially on topics related to wilderness;
- Creativity and attention to detail/ability to edit content;
- Proficient in using social media channels professionally;
- Proficient using spreadsheets to manage and plan projects;
- Willingness to work outside of your job description and work collaboratively with the team on changing priorities and a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a variety of staff and partners.
Northeast Wilderness Trust offers competitive and progressive benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k retirement plan with 4% employer match, life insurance, generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible scheduling; and sabbatical leave. A moving stipend is available.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should click "Apply" below to email a cover letter and resume with two professional references as a single combined PDF, with the subject “Communications Content Specialist.”
- Application deadline is February 15, 2024, with review and interviews happening on a rolling basis.
- Anticipated Start Date: Winter/Spring 2024
Northeast Wilderness Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a just and equitable world and workplace. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.