When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a fast growing corporate sustainability consulting firm. G&A’s Climate Change Consulting unit is seeking a specialist to join its fast-growing team.
G&A offers a wide range of ESG and sustainability services, including but not limited to publishing sustainability reports (GRI, SASB, TCFD, IIRC, SDGs), materiality assessments, policy writing, ESG scoring and rankings, responding to annual surveys (CDP, CSA, EcoVadis), general sustainability consultancy, and much more. A full suite of client services we provide to our clients are available on our website.
In this remote working position, successful candidates for this Climate Change Analyst role should have a background both in quantitative and qualitative analysis and exhibit a passion for sustainability with a focus on climate change, as well as a collaborative approach to work and a track record of project management and problem solving while working with high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
As investors and other stakeholders seek to gain a better understanding of their exposure to climate-related risks and opportunities, G&A Institute provides advisory services to support corporations and financial market participants to understand, strategize, measure, communicate and take action.
The successful candidate will manage the implementation of various climate research, inventory, and advisory projects for a wide variety of corporate clients across many different sectors and industries. They will assist with helping the Climate Change Consulting unit to quickly develop solutions that help our clients navigate a rapidly changing environment and expectations around climate from stakeholders such as investors, customers, regulators, employees, suppliers, and more.
Candidates should have a strong working knowledge and familiarity with corporate sustainability and investor ESG topics & issues including:
- GHG Protocol, Scopes 1, 2, and 3
- Climate-related reporting and disclosure frameworks especially CDP, SBTi, and TCFD.
- General knowledge of sustainability reporting and disclosure frameworks especially GRI and SASB, but also others such as DJSI, IIRC and SDGs
- General knowledge of corporate reporting and disclosure
- General knowledge of capital markets
- General knowledge of business and strategy
- Assist in the implementation of client projects involving Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG Emissions Inventories, setting of Science Based and other climate related Targets, investor data requests, upcoming SEC rules, and TCFD related projects (including scenario analysis)
- Conduct needed research to help support client engagements
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative information
- Contribute to related product development initiatives of G&A Institute
- Support the wider sustainability analyst and consulting teams with climate related needs that integrate into G&A’s wider service offerings
- Support sales with client requests and education on product offerings
- Support the needs of our corporate clients on engagements such as GHG Protocol Inventories, Climate Target Setting, Implementation Roadmaps, Climate Strategies, Scenario Analysis, Life Cycle Assessments, Climate Related Disclosure & Reporting, Client Presentations
- A minimum of 2-5 years of relevant work experience relating to GHG inventories, climate strategies and/or ESG (GHG Protocol, SBT, PCAF, TCFD, CDP), experience in energy efficiency is a bonus; Consulting experience is a plus
- Moderate to advanced experience in Excel worksheets, formulas, and data analysis,
- Advanced master’s or bachelor’s degree ideally in sustainability related field, business, environmental science, engineering, economics, or finance
- Very strong quantitative (and qualitative) analytical skills and excellent conceptual thinking aptitude
- Ability to developing consulting-style deliverables, such as synthesized issue insights and strategy options and recommendations
- Advanced command of Excel and Word; working knowledge of PowerPoint is a bonus
- Demonstrated interest in issues of climate change and sustainable investing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with customer-first attitude
- Has high integrity, a high bar for quality and rigor, hands-on attitude, and proactivity
- Willingness to work with a highly collaborative, flexible, and innovative team and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Extremely methodical and detail oriented, focus on quality
- Self-motivated – passion for the work you will be doing
- Self-directed – able to take initiative and effectively work remotely
- Multitasking / Ability to simultaneously manage multiple project workflows, priorities, relationships with clients, and deadlines
- Location: New York, NY, USA. Fully remote working position.
- Travel: We must lead by example, which is why remote working is highly encouraged.
- Schedule: full time, 9am-5pm EST
- Salary Range: starting at $75,000-110,000+ depending on experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At G&A Institute, we care about all our employees and their wellbeing. G&A Institute is not just an employer, we are a family. By joining our team, you will be treated with fairness, respect, and empathy. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for our planet, working alongside a high-performing and passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge and skills, as well as developing your career in a fun, dynamic, and fast-growing organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- We offer countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above requirements please click "Apply" below to email:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Samples of writing or research on sustainability or other topics are a plus
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. the company does not sponsor employment visas. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered.
- Candidates who do not meet these requirements are encouraged to apply regardless, as alternative contractual arrangements may be possible.
- No relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from on-line postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.
MORE ABOUT GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY INSTITUTE
Founded in 2006, Governance & Accountability (G&A) Institute is a sustainability consulting and research firm headquartered in New York City, advising corporations and investors on devising, and executing winning strategies that help to maximize return on investment at every step of their sustainability journey.
G&A helps corporate and investor clients recognize, understand and address sustainability issues to address stakeholder and shareholder concerns. Our clients are companies striving for excellence and leadership in corporate sustainability, corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, sustainable investing, ranging from large, well-known companies with popular brands to mid-size and smaller firms.
We are a team-based organization that has earned wide respect for the quality of our work over many years. We will add team members to help meet the needs of corporate clients as our business expands.
G&A Institute is growing and seeking new team members to join us on our own sustainability journey.