When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
KieranTimberlake transforms the built and natural environments through artistry, integrity, innovation, and performance. The firm’s culture of inquiry allows it to deliver exceptional social, ethical, and environmental outcomes to its clients.
KieranTimberlake is currently seeking a Climate Action Coordinator to join our team. Our design practice includes over 90 professionals with diverse backgrounds and is recognized worldwide as a sustainable design leader. We are a signatory of the AIA 2030 Commitment and US Architects Declare.
The Climate Action Coordinator will work alongside the KieranTimberlake's Partners, 2030 Leadership Team, and Research Director to advance the firm’s pursuit of resilient design solutions for buildings and cities. Coordination duties are split between internally supporting our work on selected initiatives, and externally supporting our work on industry-wide committees. Overall, the coordinator will help implement the firm’s Sustainability Action Plan, and primary responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Working with the 2030 Leadership Team to track the progress on workstreams associated with the firm’s Sustainability Action Plan
- Aggregating and organizing goals, benchmarks, and performance metrics across the firm’s architectural projects
- Planning and implementing the annual in-house lecture program on topics in sustainability
- Identifying and connecting staff to sustainability-focused education opportunities, certifications, and resources
- Working with the firm’s research director to coordinate national and international sustainability committee work
- Preparing committee meeting materials, and tracking workstreams as needed
- Identifying new topics in sustainability as needed
- Learning existing or evaluating new sustainability frameworks or certification programs as needed
- Identifying opportunities for advocacy on environmental policy
- Identifying opportunities to publish climate-focused writing with the firm’s Communications Group
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful, curious individual who wants to be part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary team and can demonstrate:
- Capacity to plan effective education programming
- Persuasive written, verbal, and graphic communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Engagement with climate action and environmental justice
- Interest in architecture, urbanism, and the built environment
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- Interested applicants with 1 – 4 years of professional experience and/or coursework in sustainability, climate activism, and education should submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- Current resume including three references
- Three project examples or a design portfolio
- Persuasive writing sample or research paper
Candidates should also list any professional experience or relevant coursework in any of the following areas:
- Education program planning, design, and implementation
- Communication and media studies
- Environmental leadership and advocacy
- Community or stakeholder engagement
- Principles of architectural design
- Principles of sustainability science
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Carbon, energy and water literacy
- Resilient design strategies
- Environmental planning and management
- Environmental and health equity
- Environmental policy
Note: The position reports to the Research Director. Salary is commensurate with professional experience, education level, and demonstrated knowledge.
More About KieranTimberlake
Founded in 1984, KieranTimberlake brings together the experience and talents of diverse professionals in a practice that is recognized worldwide. With equal emphasis on research, ecology, history, and aesthetics, its interdisciplinary process inspires creativity and encourages sharing ideas, knowledge, and technique. The firm’s work includes programming, planning, and design of new buildings, adaptive reuse, and urban and campus planning, as well as developing performance analysis and prediction tools; building and environmental monitoring; and novel building technologies.
KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.