When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
CEF (Corporate Eco Forum) is looking for a nimble and service-oriented sustainability professional to strategize and implement member-centered programs and special initiatives in alignment with CEF’s broader content strategy.
CEF is highly responsive to the rapidly evolving sustainability space and our member needs within it, offering you the opportunity to convene and guide industry leaders to tackle some of the most critical issues of our time.
You will build relationships and engage with corporate sustainability leaders from over 70 corporations and other leading institutions to track their leadership and best practices, understand their current challenges, and explore their interest in collective action and collaboration. Leveraging the insights you gather, along with your knowledge of the sustainability landscape, you will help design and deploy a variety of member programs, including but not limited to roundtable dialogues, action-oriented working groups, knowledge sharing, and networking, both virtually and in-person. You will model positive, inclusive, respectful, and thoughtful interactions that set the tone for our member experience, and are excited to be on a team that’s often working behind the scenes to support leaders. At CEF, our theory of change is that if we create a candid, neutral space to address topics that are critical to our members and complementary to other market activities, then our members can quickly address the root of the issue, informing and advancing their sustainability efforts.
The value you deliver:
- Inspiring member executives to greater ambition through peer-to-peer sharing of best practices, lessons learned, and opportunities for collective action and collaboration, achieving more working together than they could alone
- Enabling members to feel better equipped to advance their company’s sustainability objectives as a result of the support you have provided in the way of connections, targeted dialogue, and curated content
- Serving leading industry hot topics and trends to members in a meaningful, action-oriented, and value-additive way
- Clearly articulating the programmatic issue in a way that enables members to cut through the noise and inspire a clear path of action
- Building relationships that enrich the CEF member experience, deepening our knowledge of them, and increasing their engagement
- Capturing strategic member insights to inform CEF’s content strategy further
- Academic degree (or equivalent) in sustainability or a related field of study
- Robust experience working in the sustainability space, with a demonstrated expertise/passion in corporate sustainability
- Experience facilitating complex topic discussions with senior executives, both in-person and via virtual platforms
- History of formulating, organizing, and monitoring inter-connected projects
- Relationship management and database software experience preferred
The skills you bring:
- Your thoughtful listening and curiosity
- Your proven ability to establish trusted relationships with executives and other leaders
- Your excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Your proven ability to respond in a timely and complete manner
- Your proven skills in facilitating an accessible and inclusive environment that empowers stakeholders to action
- Your demonstrated leadership and organizational skills to effectively develop and drive strategic programs
- Your ability to prioritize and “unpack” a topic to quickly focus on the core issue
- Your solid understanding of key sustainability issues, their complexity, and the diplomacy required to address them
- Your ability to thrive in the constantly evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Your understanding of change management principles
- Your ability to be an equal member of a small but mighty team
CEF is a preeminent, by-invitation membership organization creating a safe space for sustainability executives from large, global companies to have candid, closed-door, practical discussions on a not-for-attribution basis with business peers about driving value, innovation, and impact by integrating sustainability and corporate objectives.
Our mission is to empower influential business leaders to deliver a sustainable future by cultivating a community based on mutual trust and candor that catalyzes meaningful connections, focused insights, and bold action. The community of trust that CEF has built among members is foundational to our work. Our culture puts relationships first and connects our network with a nimble entrepreneurial spirit and clarity of intent. We authentically lead our members by example to advance the evolving role of business in society, and we are looking for a candidate with similar values to join our team!
Travel & Location
- The role is a full-time independent contract and remote position. Domestic travel will be required for in-person team meetings 2-4 times a year and for our flagship event, the CEF Executive Retreat, generally held in June.