When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The mission of New Jersey Conservation Foundation is to preserve land and natural resources throughout New Jersey for the benefit of all.
Through acquisition and stewardship, we protect strategic lands and nature, advocate for sensible land use and climate policies, and forge partnerships through education and assistance programs, to achieve conservation goals and protect the health of New Jersey communities for generations to come.
The New Jersey Conservation Foundation is requesting proposals for a consultant to serve as Campaign Coordinator supporting NJCF’s building decarbonization efforts in New Jersey, and supporting the Core Leadership team of the New Jersey Clean Building Campaign.
The retainer will range between $70,000-$85,000 for 12 months, based upon the consultant’s level of experience and skills. Consultants are expected to work 40 hours per week and should have their own vehicle as some in state travel is required.
Proposals should indicate experience working on electoral or issue campaigns (at least two cycles) with preference given to those with experience as an outreach or organizing manager. New Jersey campaign experience is strongly preferred. The consultant should have exceptional communications skills and be comfortable navigating broad coalitions. The consultant will need to provide NJCF with a valid certificate of insurance naming us as an additional insured.
Scope of work will include but is not limited to:
The Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for completing a three-year building decarbonization and natural gas phaseout strategic advocacy plan for New Jersey, with broad support from advocacy partners, to be delivered by the end of October. This Advocacy Plan will describe to potential national funders the need for multi-year funding for this work in New Jersey and is intended to lead to a three-year funding commitment from 2024 – 2027. If fundraising is successful, the Campaign Coordinator will play a critical role in coordinating the larger effort of the Clean Building Campaign.
Based on current funding, the Campaign Coordinator will primarily be responsible for advancing a joint legislative strategy in New Jersey through June 2024. The Campaign Coordinator will report to and closely coordinate with a core leadership team, which will include Barbara Blumenthal, New Jersey Conservation Foundation.
It is expected that the Campaign Coordinator will engage in several areas of work:
1.) Coordinate with members of the Campaign to develop the legislative strategy, including NJCF, NRDC and EDF.
2.) Provide internal support to the Core Team to advance legislative agenda, including:
- Provide support for events and meetings occurring virtually via zoom, teams, and other platforms.
- Scheduling and providing administrative support as assigned.
- Serve as a liaison between the Core Team and building electrification partners as well as the broader clean energy community and provide representation and updates at coalition meetings.
3.) Engage in community outreach to broaden the Campaign:
- Identify and build relationships with community stakeholders and engage community members in campaign activities.
- Work with community stakeholders to take on public facing roles on behalf of the campaign.
- Organize events including but not limited to: lobby days in Trenton, press conferences and rallies, webinars, community outreach, and identify visibility opportunities.
4.) Partner with Campaign’s external communications firms to advance communications:
- Support the development and placement of op-eds, letters, and testimonials by community stakeholders
- Assist with the drafting of quotes, press releases, digital copy and other written materials as assigned
- Experience working with the press and other media preferred but not required.
5.) Other Responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel expenses approved within the project budget will be reimbursed.
- The consultant is not eligible for any company benefits such as health and life insurance and paid time off.
- There is a possibility that the contract may be extended beyond one year.
Interested candidates should click "Apply" below to email their proposal including their relevant experience and a current resume to: Barbara Blumenthal, New Jersey Conservation Foundation.
- Contract Start Date: as soon as possible, for a minimum of 12 months.