When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Green Century Capital Management, Inc. administers the Green Century Funds, the first family of environmentally responsible, diversified and fossil fuel free mutual funds in the nation. ~
Founded and wholly owned by non-profit environmental advocacy organizations, Green Century is dedicated to promoting an environmentally sustainable economy. The Green Century Funds are designed to achieve competitive returns while incorporating both values-based screens and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) ratings and performance to invest in sustainable companies.
Green Century conducts a robust shareholder engagement program to curb climate change, promote sustainable agriculture and press for greater corporate environmental responsibility.
The Green Century mission:
- Provide environmentally responsible investing opportunities for those who care about the planet while seeking competitive returns
- Promote environmental responsibility through a comprehensive shareholder advocacy program
- Support the advocacy and public interest work of Green Century’s founding non-profit organizations by generating revenue to fund their programs
GCCM is seeking to add a talented person to our marketing team in order to expand Green Century's outreach, attract more assets, and promote corporate environmental responsibility.
Green Century's Business Development Associate will work closely with senior staff to devise and implement strategies for creatively marketing the Funds, focusing primarily on reaching individual investors through internet marketing, event outreach and telephone inquiries. We are looking for a candidate with excellent writing abilities, exceptional people skills, a passion for the environment and socially responsible investing, a proven ability to juggle multiple projects, and a good-natured personality that will further contribute to the strength of our team.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing interactions with prospective and current investors through the telephone inquiry line
- Managing event outreach strategy to recruit new investors, including identifying new opportunities, training staff, overseeing logistics, managing budgets, and driving goals
- Identifying new and creative opportunities to maximize GCCM’s presence on the Web
- Reviewing and updating Green Century website content
- Coordinating and evaluating Direct Mail projects
- Contributing to the design and overseeing production of all internal and external material
- Managing prospect follow-up calls and mailings
- Conducting periodic analysis of market research
- Contributing to monthly marketing reports
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues and environmentally responsible businesses. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position:
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills;
- Energy and commitment to socially responsible investing;
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity with a drive and ability to motivate others;
- A proactive approach to problem solving; and
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage plans and deadlines.
- Salary for this position is set on a non-profit scale and depends on experience.
- A competitive benefits package includes fully paid individual health care coverage following three months of service, educational loan assistance, eligibility for a 401k retirement plan following one year of service, paid vacation and sick days, parental leave and an opportunity to participate in the firm’s disability insurance plan.
- Please click "Apply" below to email a cover letter and resume.
- Be sure to indicate “Business Development Associate” in the subject line.
- For more information, please visit our website.
Green Century Capital Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.