When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, organized individual to join its Commercial and Industrial (C&I) team as a Program Manager focused on building energy efficiency and energy management.
CEE is a nonprofit consortium of efficiency program administrators, primarily large investor-owned utilities from across the United States and Canada, that work together on common approaches to advancing efficiency. The successful candidate will work within the C&I team to develop binational strategies aimed at furthering the vision for energy efficient, grid-interactive, and interoperable building system solutions that provides value to customers and CEE member utilities. By working together at CEE, program administrators leverage the effect of their funding dollars and exchange information on effective practices to achieve greater energy efficiency for the public good.
The Program Manager position will focus on commercial and industrial building energy management technologies and approaches. Utilities are responsible for delivering safe, reliable, and affordable energy to customers; as the distribution channels become more decentralized, dynamic, and flexible, it is critical to ensure dependability and security while also enhancing customer amenity.
This position will have the opportunity to work with consortium members to scope and define criteria for products and utility program approaches that operationalize customer energy data for efficiency and demand savings that align with increasingly ambition decarbonization objectives. These goals are shifting to place greater emphasis on equity in addition to greenhouse reductions and advancing those technologies that support alignment of clean and affordable generation and energy delivery. The position is part of a six-person team and will report to the C&I Sector Lead. The successful candidate will join CEE at a critical time for energy efficiency programs in the United States and Canada.
- Support program initiatives advancing the market for technologies that support and enable the dynamic management of energy in buildings, such as energy management information systems (EMIS) and associated controls.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on topics such as savings potential for new technologies, effective program design delivery approaches, opportunities associated with connected capabilities, unique partnerships across industry stakeholders, and market barriers to product adoption.
- Draft reports, studies, memoranda, position papers and other professional written products in support of organization and member needs.
- Facilitate member meetings via teleconference and in-person, and actively support members reaching consensus positions on critical topics.
- Assemble consensus positions to develop recommended strategies for driving the uptake of high performing equipment that deliver energy efficiency, load management, and behavioral change impacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- A master’s degree and experience in a relevant field (or undergraduate degree and equivalent experience), such as economics, business, engineering, environmental studies, building science, public policy, or another subject requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities.
- Experience with commercial building energy management systems is desirable.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities and evolve project deliverables and priorities develop.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, including aptitude to facilitate meetings with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated research and data analysis skills; ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences.
- Strong people skills, service orientation, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and Excel).
- Willingness to travel domestically, averaging approximately one trip per quarter.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Work is done primarily on computers, looking at screens for 6+ hours of the workday. Due to Covid-19, work is currently done remotely. Employees are expected to commute to in-person events at the office or in the region as needed, including meetings, events, and in-person training. In-person meetings involve domestic travel and multiple days of moving between meetings at hotels and conference centers.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton, MA. This facility is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
- Please click "Apply" below to email your application materials to Walker Larsen noting the location you found this posting and including the job title and your name in the subject line. Example: “Jane Smith — Building Energy Management Program Manager”
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.