When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Since 1990, the South Alabama Land Trust has protected more than 10,800 acres of critical plant and animal habitat, coastal lands, the edges along creeks, rivers, and bays, clean water, and the scenic beauty that defines coastal Alabama. We protect our natural resources.
The Administrator will report directly to the Executive Director, and will assist the Board of
Directors, Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator and Land Coordinator to further the mission of
South Alabama Land Trust (SALT). The Administrator will oversee donor and member relations portion of SALT’s work. This includes engaging donors, increasing event sponsorships and revenue, increasing membership, and grant writing. The Administrator will be asked to think creatively to cultivate beneficial
Compensation: Salary based on experience.
- Oversee and advance membership program.
- Assist with Spring and Year End Appeals.
- Write and submit grant proposals. File interim and final reports.
- Assess and implement acquisition mailings to cultivate new donors.
- Assist with SALT event planning and logistics.
- Assist with social media content.
- Edit content on SALT and Bald Eagle Bash websites.
- Assist with SALT’s E-News and SALT Line quarterly newsletter.
- Assist with production of all SALT collateral materials.
- Serve on Bald Eagle Bash and BirdFest Committees.
- Prepare all donation/membership correspondence.
- Oversee solicitation of and securing sponsorships for Bald Eagle Bash and BirdFest fundraising events.
- Oversee DonorPerfect, a donor software management program; onter donations, analyze data and prepare reports.
- Schedule and attend community outreach events to promote the mission of SALT.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Prepare a critical function report card for quarterly board of director’s meetings.
- Responsible for entering financials in QuickBooks online and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Other administrative functions to support SALT overall.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- A degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a field of study that would support the duties of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of constituents.
- Ability to work efficiently with computers and standard office programs.
- Experience using donor management software programs.
- Experience using various software applications such as InDesign and Canva.
- Experience in successful grant writing.
- Ability to work well as part of a small dedicated team to protect our coastal resources.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Please click "Apply" below to email resume and cover letter to: Connie Whitaker, Executive Director.