When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
For more than 40 years, the Center for EcoTechnology has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We partner with city and state agencies, utilities, homeowners, and business owners across the U.S. to build a just and equitable transition to the low-carbon economy.
For all of our work, we bring together a diverse team of environmental specialists, building scientists, engineers, sales, operations, and communications specialists to implement cost-effective and lasting solutions. We’re a hands-on, action-oriented organization—everyday someone on our team is:
- Conducting residential and commercial energy audits and advising building owners on efficiency and electrification opportunities;
- Keeping used building materials out of the landfill;
- Helping businesses implement wasted food diversion programs;
- Working with a municipal electric utility to build innovative financing and incentive programs to accelerate electrification;
- Designing outreach materials that help make green make sense for our target audience.
CET is hiring a Project Coordinator to provide administration and coordination to support the Connecticut Weatherization Assistance Program (CTWAP). This statewide weatherization program assists income eligible residents to reduce their energy-related costs and fuel usage in their homes through retrofits and home improvement measures.
The Project Coordinator serves as liaison between project team members and the program manager by communicating project specific assignments, supporting program operations, and monitoring the progress of program objectives. If you have experience with the Weatherization Assistance Program in Connecticut or in another state, please apply!
Planning: Supports the program manager in developing project or program plans and project schedules, and allocating resources. Organizes, attends, and participates in stakeholder meetings as assigned. Documents and follows-up on action items and decisions from meetings. Prepares presentation materials for meetings.
Execution: Assumes project tasks as required. Provides administrative support as needed. Makes recommendations for project strategies. Maintains project framework and documentation appropriately for the project. Supports program operations by providing customer service, such as receiving and responding to large volumes of calls and emails, liaising between clients and contractors, and scheduling.
Monitoring and Control: Monitors progress of program objectives. Provides agency database administration by training and supporting users, completing system reports, and monitoring data quality. Maintains, monitors, and tracks information in multiple databases to ensure regulatory and agreement compliance. Supports the manager with budgeting and monitoring expenditures. Reviews and audits monthly reports and financial invoices. Provides detailed progress updates to stakeholders.
Leading: Facilitates meetings and distributes minutes to all project team members. Assists with streamlining work effort where possible and recommends process improvements. Assists in managing relationships between the contractors and housing provider to ensure project compliance, safety, and expectations.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven project success, preferably working within a matrix structure; or professional project management training with less on-the-job experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Must have working knowledge of setting up a project and facilitating simple project closeouts.
- Experience with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Experience facilitating effective meetings.
- Experience with file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including problem-solving and resolution of minor conflict without assistance. Must be able to provide guidance, feedback, and encouragement to team members. Must be able to manage the daily tasks of a team while managing their own time within deadlines.
- Must demonstrate a strong interest in CET's mission.
- Experience in Salesforce or similar CRM preferred.
- Experience in NetSuite or other ERP preferred.
- Must have a home office with reliable high-speed internet and an environment free from distractions and interruptions. Cell phone required.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
What We Offer:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The Center for EcoTechnology offers excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match.
Note: The need to tackle climate change and build a just and equitable transition to the low-carbon economy is more urgent than ever. With passage of state and federal climate policy, utility programs are rapidly evolving to align with carbon reduction goals, and auditors are critical catalysts in getting energy measures implemented. This is an exciting time to work as an auditor!
We are committed to racial justice and inclusion and we are looking for someone who can contribute to the diversity to the CET team by bringing their insights and life experience to support our work in historically underserved communities and our success mitigating climate change. Bilingual English-Spanish candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Your role is:
- Participate in required and elective training and development opportunities.
- Use cultural competency in your interactions with customers and coworkers to foster inclusion and support diverse identities.
CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. We strive for a welcoming and inclusive environment. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.