When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
East Point Energy is a development firm focused on the origination, construction, and operation of energy storage projects.
Our team is currently developing gigawatts of energy storage projects throughout the country, helping to transform the grid into a renewable, resilient, and affordable system for generations to come. East Point is a wholly owned subsidiary of Equinor, a broad international energy company committed to long-term value creation in a low-carbon future.
East Point’s nimble team is comprised of hard-working, strategic problem solvers who are passionate about sustainability. We are technology and contractor agnostic, allowing us to find the best solution for each project. The firm’s executive team founded East Point in 2018, bringing decades of combined energy development experience and over 1.8 gigawatts of solar, wind, and energy storage projects currently in operation across the United States. Success for East Point is measured by delivering affordable energy storage solutions that benefit the grid, communities, and our environment.
The Senior Project Developer is responsible for developing utility-scale energy storage projects and managing the associated risk. This role involves both individual contributor responsibilities as well as management of internal and external teams and processes.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prospecting and researching target areas for project siting
- Negotiating and securing site control
- Managing landowner relationships
- Securing discretionary and ministerial permitting
- Negotiating and securing tax abatements
- Identifying and resolving title issues
- Supporting Business Development in securing project-level revenue
- Monitoring and participating in regulatory and legislative policy initiatives
- Working independently, leading the internal project team, and working with outside parties, such as landowners, permit officers, consultants, brokers, equipment vendors, contractors, etc.
- Managing the administrative responsibilities associated with projects and the host Power Markets relative to project schedules, budgeting, etc.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives for the project development team to maintain and iterate upon existing tools and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate across a broad spectrum of technical understanding - written, verbal and non-verbal
- Public speaking experience required with experience presenting projects at public hearings strongly preferred
- Development risk identification and assessment
- Proficiency with project management software
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Salesforce, Anderson Optimization, and GIS
Characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Passion for energy development and the environment
- Creative problem-solving ability and solutions-oriented mindset
- Self-starter with a desire to succeed and a focus on creating value
- Team player and leader, proactive attitude
- Organized, attention to detail
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and a bias for action
- Integrity and accountability
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in renewable energy or real estate development required
- 3+ years of utility scale renewable / storage industry experience strongly preferred
- 4-year university degree, BS or BA or equivalent
Travel & Time Commitment
- Up to 30% of time will be on the road; will vary based on status of projects
- Work travel includes independent site visits and landowner meetings
- This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Standard office hours are from 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM EST. The demands of projects may require work outside of these times.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) & Employer Match
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Education, Parking, and Gym Membership Stipends
Note: This job description is not inclusive of all requirements of the position. Employees will perform any other duties as may be required by their manager.
East Point is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they feel they are fully qualified in every way. We also know that sometimes the best candidates do not check every box. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you.