Underwriters Laboratories Published: March 20, 2023
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At UL, we know why we come to work:
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security, and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection, and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers’ product innovation and business growth. The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers’ products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission. We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future. Our science is your advantage.
Our comprehensive portfolio of renewable energy solutions helps stakeholders plan, design, finance, build, invest, operate, maintain, and manage wind both on land and offshore, and solar throughout the project lifecycle and across the value chain. Working at UL means you will be part of a team delivering proven science, expert engineering, and innovative solutions that address the unique challenges of these industries.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
As a member of the Due Diligence team, the Program Manager, Solar and Storage, is responsible for managing and executing independent engineering (IE) and technical advisory (TA) services to support the financing, sale, or acquisition of solar, energy storage and hybrid plants and portfolios.
The position is high profile and requires a mature and experienced candidate with effective communication, project management, business, and technical skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with a can-do spirit and willingness to work hard in a team environment to achieve shared success.
We would expect your primary duties will include:
- Manage high profile Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects including overseeing technology review, civil and electrical design review, review of commercial and technical contracts, project schedule, project financial model, CAPEX and OPEX, environmental and permitting review, site visits and construction monitoring.
- Compile and complete technical reports and summarize key results and conclusions. Ensure a quality of work that meets and exceeds client expectations. Integrate all review sections from UL’s multi-disciplinary team and ensure that UL’s technical and commercial analysis is consistent throughout sections.
- Prepare proposals detailing scope of work, team, budget and schedule for completion.
- Work with internal resources, including other project managers. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Manage and schedule internal resources. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Work with lenders and developers as the main client interface for UL. Attend client meetings with lenders and developers as needed. Engage clients and internal staff to develop creative solutions to meet client needs; provide exceptional customer service with a focus of growing client relationships.
- Prepare communication plan and related project status reports. Facilitate and lead regular status meetings with internal project team, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to identify project risks, barriers, and issues and propose possible solutions and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects.
- Review project contracts and financial models.
- Perform site visits during construction and operation and perform monthly construction monitoring site visits to review progress against technical specifications, budget and milestone schedule. Compile and review site visit reports and monthly construction monitoring reports.
- Provide guidance, training, and leadership to junior team members on all aspects technical due diligence and client engagements
- Support busines development and sales activities
What makes you a great fit:
- At least 7 years of experience as a project manager in solar energy due diligence, project development, construction, equipment supply, operation or mergers and acquisitions.
- At least bachelors-level education and core competence in a relevant field, e.g., mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, construction management, operations and maintenance, commercial, legal, finance, business
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work in a team environmental and successfully manage multiple complicated projects
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: The salary range for this position is $ 135,000 - $ 160,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position. All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is XX% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
- Internal applicants with questions related to the Total Rewards for this position should submit a ticket via askHR for more insights.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit https://www.ul.com/industries/energy-and-utilities/renewables