When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Landbridge Ecological is an ecological design, installation and land management firm. Our mission is to restore and protect resilient native landscapes, to educate the public about ecological restoration, and to work with existing natural resources and conditions.
We are a collaborative, team-oriented work environment that emphasizes inclusion of diverse ideas, solutions and perspectives.We marry high design and native landscapes; providing science and forethought into restoration, management, and landscaping. While working on the smallest raingarden to an expansive habitat project, there are many opportunities to contribute and collaborate in a young company and rewarding field.
The Controller is the leader of the finance team at Landbridge Ecological,
responsible for the preparation of financial reports and overseeing the functions of
reporting, tax and budgeting.
Reporting directly to the COO, the Controller is responsible for developing and administering all accounting policies and procedures, thereby ensuring strong internal controls to protect the assets of Landbridge Ecological and result in timely and accurate financial reporting for the management team and staff. In addition, the Controller is responsible for the daily financial operations of the organization including accounts payable and receivables, invoicing, payroll oversight, benefits administration and oversight, fixed assets, and accounting.
- Highly ambitious and motivated: someone looking to be a key part of a growing business
- 5+ years experience in accounting
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and develop staff
- Familiarity with natural resources, construction, landscape architecture and/or comparable industry is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification preferred
- Previous experience in an accounting role or public accounting highly desired
- Manage all accounting operations for two businesses including GL activity, billing, A/R, A/P, inventory accounting and revenue recognition
- Manage invoicing, cash flow, loan management, reconcile bank accounts monthly and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Prepare annual budgets, year-end tax preparations (W9/1099’s, w-2’s), equipment depreciation and quarterly sales + use tax tracking and payments
- Produce accurate and timely financial monthly reporting including financial statements, cash and variance analyses, and budget reports
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and ability to learn Foundation for Payroll software
- Assist Operations Department in job costing and profitability calculations
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, regulations, and tax law issues
- Work collaboratively with owners and COO on strategic business planning and growth
- Serve as System Administrator of Foundation for Payroll software, including system maintenance, security, data import/export, report development, enhancements, and monthly processing
- Oversee payroll processing and benefit administration
- Conduct annual insurance review, workers comp audit data gathering, unemployment benefit administration and insurance loss claims as needed
- Provide Administrative and HR oversight and assistance as needed
- Coordinate annual company income tax returns and accounting work with outside accounting firm
- Workdays will begin and end at LANDBRIDGE central headquarters in Saint Paul, MN
- Salaried position ranging from $65,000-$80,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Benefits include: holiday pay, vacation time, retirement match, and HRA
Please click "Apply" below to email a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references,
with the email subject line "2022 Controller Application, Your Name".