When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ With over 20 years of experience, Great Forest Inc. is one of the leading sustainability consultancies in the U.S. today. ~
We develop, implement and maintain strategies and programs that reduce both environmental impact and costs for corporations and institutions in the U.S. and Australia.
Great Forest's worldwide network of clients includes Fortune 500 companies in real estate and property management, financial services, insurance, retail and the hospitality industry.
- Are you interested in working from home, splitting your time between fieldwork and office work, and working independently?
- Are you mature, outgoing, professional, detail oriented, organized and able to work independently without a supervisor looking over your shoulder?
- Are you also passionate about making a difference in the world?
- If so, please read on...you may be a qualified candidate for this position!
Great Forest, a consulting firm specializing in all aspects of sustainable waste management, including recycling, organics, zero waste, auditing, and solid waste management, has immediate openings for two Sustainability Consultant positions:
- Sustainability Consultant (Entry Level)
- Sustainability Consultant (>3 Years Experience)
- Both positions will have Primary duties involving maintaining waste management programs at a variety of commercial/other property types, including contributing to program development and associated educational campaigns, drafting all required reports (Entry level consultant), as well as consulting on general sustainability management systems.
- General responsibilities include scheduling and performing checks on waste management programs at client properties, conducting information sessions and presentations, and assisting with general program related inquiries.
- Work involves assessing programs, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and taking immediate action when appropriate.
- College degree (4-year) required.
- Previous sustainability work is a plus, and applicants should indicate any relevant
experience or certifications in their cover letter.
- Ability to work some late nights as needed.
- Must be self-reliant and self-motivating, very organized and detail-oriented, and have a strong interest in the environment.
- Must enjoy educating people and solving problems; speaking in public; possess excellent communication skills; write clearly and concisely; and have good computer skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to multi-task are imperative.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- While many days will be spent in office, there will be frequent client meetings and field work.
- Expected work hours are Monday to Friday, with a high degree of flexibility subject to scheduled meetings/events etc.
- Additionally, some evening hours may be required a few days each month.
- Due to the nature of consulting work, flexibility is essential.
- Please note that our offices are located at 125th Street in Harlem, and travel time must be taken into consideration.