When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Born in 1828, into one of Massachusetts' founding families, he was trained in the medical arts of his day by his physician father. The company, named Henry Thayer & Company, prospered and broadened its line of products and has been described as the largest manufacturer of pharmaceuticals in America at the time of the Civil War. ~
In 1875, the company published "Descriptive Catalogue of Fluid and Solid Extracts in Vacuo" listing over 800 of its products: herbal based, presented in the forms of tinctures, infusions, syrups, poultices and wines. Prominent among these products was a Fluid Extract of Witch Hazel, listed as a "Tonic, astringent, and sedative; useful in checking hemorrhages and excessive discharges."
Thayers began using Certified Organic Witch Hazel and Certified Organic Aloe Vera in 2012.
Role is accountable for achieving sales objectives set by VP, Sales. Geographic responsibility spans over the entire West Coast including Western Canada and goes as far east as North Dakota and Louisiana. The position has geographical accountability for managing west coast based national and regional direct retail and distributor customers, and managing broker representatives. As a retail-driven brand, results will be achieved through using the broker groups to execute on brand focus and initiatives.
The position is home-office based; location is flexible but must be in a large metro area within western USA. The company headquarters is located in Easton, CT. The role reports to Vice President of Sales.
- Achieve assigned quarterly and annual sales volume goals.
- Achieve all annual sales initiatives including new item launches and key seasonal programs.
- Build and manage customer promotional calendars based on a territory budget.
- Attend Appropriate Trade Shows to build the brand and drive growth. (Expo West etc.).
- Lead and manage broker representatives toward achievement of assigned quarterly and annual sales goals.
Key Account Management:
- Cascade headquarter-developed marketing programs to key accounts.
- Timely and complete presentation and acceptance of new items.
- Ongoing relationship-building with key stakeholders and decision makers at assigned accounts, maintaining &/or enhancing Thayer’s position as a preferred vendor.
- Timely and accurate communication with Sales Analyst of promotional programs and updates.
- Lead and manage broker team in retail execution of pricing, shelving and merchandising objectives.
- Build relationships with stakeholders/decision-makers at the retail level to insure preferred vendor treatment with respect to merchandising and shelving.
- Complete required sales reporting activities.
- Timely forecasting of extraordinary volume requirements.
- Complete and accurate submission of requests for headquarter support (Sales Support, marketing, finance, operations).
- Timely, complete and accurate submission of promotional discounts and programs to sales support and finance.
- Timely response to headquarter requests for support in the areas of Accounts Receivables, Forecasting or competitive info.
- Ongoing communication of significant competitive activity to Sales and Marketing leadership.
Sales Team Support:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. If needed, enlist support of VP Sales to resolve issues.
- Customer Service mindset, with prompt response to internal or external customer needs, communicating positively in challenging situations.
The successful candidate for Regional Sales Manager should have relevant experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years consumer Products experience is required. The candidate must be skilled in Microsoft applications including Word, PPT, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills and positive attitude a must.
- Consumer Products Experience - The company competes in fast moving consumer goods, with primary customers such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, HEB, Vitamin Cottage, Safeway, Threshold and Pharmaca. Relevant industry experience required.
- Fact Based Selling Skills - Ability to build and maintain customer and consumer relationships based on fact-based selling of product benefits, leading to development of an expanded customer base and growth of the existing base. Ability to mine syndicated data and utilize it to build sales presentations to help tell the story.
- Communication and Presentation Skills - Ability to develop and present promotional plans and product information to retail stakeholders.
- Multitasking and Organizational Skills - Success in the role hinges on one’s ability to appropriately prioritize and manage concurrent tasks in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude and customer focus.
- Leadership Skills - The ability to motivate, lead and evaluate brokers. Exploit strengths and react appropriately to weaknesses.
- Problem Solving - As a lean operation, individuals across levels must have and demonstrate the ability to identify issues and develop corrective courses of action.
- Additional Career Progression - The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire and ability to continue to assume greater sales responsibility once they have mastered the role.
Beyond the above experiences, skill and qualifications, candidates must possess the following personal attributes:
- Goal Oriented Mindset - Driven by a passion for achievement of assigned quantifiable objectives. Takes great personal satisfaction and pride in exceeding expectations. Ability to recognize and react to over and under-performing products, exploiting strengths and reacting to weaknesses.
- Strategic Retail Vision - Ability to see opportunities &/or anticipate emerging threats to strengthen or protect the brand’s retail position.
- Competitive Nature - Proactively exploits opportunities to outpace competitors. Appropriately reactive (style, activity) to competitive threats.
- Hands-On Approach - A dynamic and charismatic team player who takes a proactive, entrepreneurial approach to exploring new ideas. Able to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented effort.
- Detail/Accuracy Oriented - Maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction starts with high attention to detail from the Sales team and relies on relentless focus on accuracy.
- Positive Outlook in the Face of Challenge - The ability to calmly, pleasantly and professional resolve these issues is essential to optimizing the customer experience.
- Customer Service Orientation - A deep passion for and commitment to customer service in a high-touch service environment.
- Team Orientation - Willingness to actively identify, pursue and embrace opportunities to support the broader team with contributions beyond defined job scope.
- Excellent Communicator - Strong interpersonal skills with a diverse range of people, including company stakeholders, customers, consumers and business partners. Ability to balance a fact-based approach with a vision and enthusiasm for Thayers products.
- Creative Thinker - Understands and stays in front of emerging retailer trends. Creative flexibility in shifting activities due to changes in retail or competitive dynamics.