When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Green Restaurant Association (GRA), founded in 1990, is an international, non-profit organization with the mission of creating environmental sustainability in the restaurant industry.
The GRA Restaurant Sustainability Consultant will help restaurants in North America to identify and implement new environmental steps across the GRA’s seven environmental categories: Energy, Water, Waste, Disposables, Chemicals, Food, and Building.
The primary responsibility of the Sustainability Consultant is to help restaurants through the process of becoming a Certified Green Restaurant®.
This includes performing an initial environmental assessment to determine a restaurant’s baseline in relationship to the Green Restaurant Association’s environmental standards. Then, the consultant determines the appropriate steps to help restaurants meet the GRA’s certification standards.
The Consultant will also work directly with vendors to determine availability of new products and services. Once the restaurant is certified, the Consultant will provide educational tools for restaurant staff and customers.
The GRA Sustainability Consultant is a unique opportunity for someone with a strong background in sustainability and client management.
- Project Management: responsible for over one hundred restaurants moving through the process towards becoming a Certified Green Restaurant®
- Review invoices, pictures, videos, and other forms of documentation that clients submit to demonstrate their environmental accomplishments
- Work with vendors to determine environmental solutions they offer
- Step Strategy: work with restaurants to determine best next steps for restaurant to reach certification
- Research products to determine environmental merits
- Create educational and technical reports for restaurants
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters Degree Preferred)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Responsible project management
- Experience with data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and math
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of relevant sustainability issues
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Good work ethic
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please be sure to click here to apply on our website, and then follow instructions.