When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ The Tejon Ranch Conservancy provides stewardship of 240,000 acres of conserved lands on the historic and majestic Tejon Ranch. ~
Located an hour from Greater Los Angeles, the Tejon Ranch is located at the intersection of the Sierra Nevada, Mojave Desert, Southern Coast and Central Valley ecoregions of California. The conservancy’s mission is to preserve, enhance and restore the native biodiversity and ecosystem values of the Tejon Ranch and Tehachapi Range for the benefit of California’s future generations.
Join a small, dynamic team at the incredible 270,000 acre Tejon Ranch, located north of Los Angeles on Interstate 5, managing conservancy tours, hikes, membership, volunteers and education programs. If you are an adventurous, active, friendly and outgoing team player, this is an opportunity to share the natural wonder of Tejon with members, donors, the public and students.
Work with biologists, ecologists and others in recruiting and assisting volunteers, members and guests in outdoor adventure and exploration. Must be an organized, multi-tasking team member with exceptional communication skills and flexible schedule. Full-time position, generous benefits and market salary; must be willing to relocate and to explore and appreciate the beauty of California’s Tejon Ranch.
The public access manager interacts heavily with the public to convey the importance of the conservancy’s work in protecting, restoring and providing access and education on California’s oldest and largest operating ranch. This position will report to the president and CEO and is responsible to implement and operate year-round public access, education, volunteer management and membership programs.
The public access manager will lead the conservancy’s public access/education program; volunteer/docent recruitment, training and management and education partnerships and activities with schools; and membership and development and related activities.
Position is located in Lebec, CA. Conservancy headquarters are located on the Tejon Ranch.
The public access manager will:
- Work with conservancy staff, Tejon Ranch Company and conservancy partners to plan and implement a full range of public access activities.
- Serve as a Conservancy leader and spokesperson to the public and Conservancy guests.
- coordinate Conservancy public access activities with the ongoing land use activities of Tejon Ranch Company.
- Develop and manage a robust volunteer/docent program, including recruitment, training and utilization of a corps of volunteers/docents.
- Lead tours and field trips.
- Support conservancy staff with field activities, fundraising and communications.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Strong preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated experience organizing community/member events, communicating natural resource information to the public, and managing volunteers.
- Familiarity with the natural resources of the Tejon Ranch, southern California or the West.
- Technical skill with Microsoft Office, Google suite, as well as Constant Contact and social media.
- Exceptional and proven verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills, demonstrated teamwork.
- The position requires occasional physical exertion or strain, occasional exposure to disagreeable outdoor elements including heat, snow, mud and ice, long days and seasonal weekend work.
- Ability to drive off-road; valid CA driver’s license and proof of safe driving record required. Wilderness First Aid and CPR training a plus.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with a very competitive benefits package. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
~ The Tejon Ranch Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. ~