When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Raley's Supermarkets is a privately held, family-owned supermarket chain that operates stores under the Raley's, Bel Air Markets, Nob Hill Foods and Food Source names in northern California and Nevada. ~
At Raley's we're committed to sustainability. For us, sustainability is about making a difference in our community. It's about being happy, healthy and well - for many years to come.
Develops and implements energy policies in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost effective energy utilization. The role provides oversight to the practice of keeping Company-wide energy utilization under continuous monitoring and control. The position will work closely with external consultants and Facilities and Maintenance Departments to identify opportunities for energy savings with a primary focus involving refrigerant compliance, lighting design and efficiencies, and waste management.
- Building performance and retro-fitting of systems: Manages projects and programs against plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met, delivering against cost savings goals and meeting compliance requirements.
- Oversees equipment retrofit and replacement roll-out and maintenance programs (EMS, Lighting) including review of design and layout of lighting and exterior signage plans.
- Oversees all lighting maintenance contracts and reviews and approves invoices.
- Represents the company at city planning meetings to obtain approval for changes to signage. Ensures compliance reports and permits are approved prior to installations.
- Participates in the development of new construction and retrofit specifications.
- Acts as the administrator for AB-32 Refrigerant Management Program and CARB's R-3 Program. Monitors high usage and reviews findings with stakeholders. Audits to verify that solutions have addressed suspected issues.
- Ensures all necessary compliance reports (ARB, EPA, CARB) and permits are submitted timely in order to maintain operations and project schedules without disruption.
- Responsible for all aspects involving the development and execution of a comprehensive energy strategy with annual expenses of $30 million. Oversees the budgeting, contracting and analysis of usage.
- Responsible for analyzing usage, creating and reviewing utility budgets and making recommendations.
- Evaluates recommendations for utility purchase on wholesale-basis provided by external consultants. Exercises un-reviewed discretion to initiate large wholesale contract purchases for electrical, water, gas and sewer.
- Uses analytical tools to evaluate the performance of, and make recommendations for, energy systems and equipment.
- Identifies, promotes and facilitates activities, methods and technologies to save energy, reduce waste, and increase environmental awareness with a primary focus on the identification and business justification of cutting-edge technologies.
- Analyzes trends and regulations in the energy space to proactively identify opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk and leverage opportunities that benefit Raley's. Promotes alternative energy solutions such as solar, electric car charging, sky lighting and waste stream reduction/recycling (e.g., Zero Net Energy, Tesla, Bloom Energy).
- Identifies rebate sources and implements applications for rebates with suppliers and aggregators.
- Evaluates alternative energy opportunities where it fits Raley's needs and energy savings objectives. Evaluates and applies for certifications and awards (e.g. Energy Star, SMUD Community Energy Partner, Flex Your Power, Green Chill).
- Coordinates, compiles and summarizes company-wide sustainability and energy consumption reports. Develops baselines, ROI and projections.
- Prepares written analysis of findings and recommendations for various energy-related solutions including the research and evaluation of alternative energy solutions.
- Builds relationships with regulatory agencies and commissions, external suppliers and partners, and internal stakeholders. Serves as primary point of contact for utility companies involving electrical or other utility outages.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (technical or engineering) or equivalency.
- 5-7 yrs of related experience. Advanced knowledge and experience with lighting/signage, refrigerant and waste management in one or more of the following environments: retail operations, offices and/or distribution/manufacturing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and coordinating projects, resources, vendors and internal resources.
- Strong working knowledge of energy markets, utilities, regulatory environments (CARB, EPA, ARB).
- Ability to analyze, plan and draw sound conclusions.
- Strong presentation skills in order to persuade audiences to support proposals.
- Strong technical, project management, and analytical aptitude.