When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Applied Food Sciences, Inc. (AFS) is a leading ingredient supplier of botanical and organic extracts. ~
Our customer base continues to grow exponentially and thus we are looking for an experienced sales representative who has a wealth of knowledge and experience in selling ingredients to food and beverage, supplements, and sports nutrition companies.
Applied Food Scenes Inc. is looking for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business acumen, strong technical skills and a natural sales DNA to join our team as a Sales Executive. The position is located in the Denver, Boulder, CO area with weekly meetings at our Sales and Marketing headquarters in Boulder, CO. Ideal candidates should be self- driven, highly motived and eager to advance upward in the company. Applied Foods offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and leadership to take your career to the next level.
- Executing the sales global strategy which includes developing customer-based strategic plans for new and existing customers in North America and abroad.
- Identifying prospective customers and cross-selling our ingredients across multiple ingredients channels in multiple industries.
- Interfacing at all levels of a customer's organization including R&D, food safety, quality control, marketing, purchasing and developing personal relationships with key decision makers.
- Developing and delivering technical sales presentations with regards to our ingredients and product lines and educating new potential customers.
- Acting as an ambassador for the company.
- Planning and attending international and regional trade shows.
- Identifying prospects evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales opportunities from our CRM Salesforce platform with our sales development team.
- Maintaining a responsible travel budget.
- Keep abreast of competitive activities, prices and new business opportunities and maintain extensive business knowledge in the food & beverage market.
- Bachelor's degree in business, or food science, biology and chemistry considered. MBA program graduates a bonus.
- Minimum of 5+ years sales experience selling natural ingredients within the food industry.
- Solid B2B network; Need to bring proven track record and a strong rolodex of existing contacts within the food & beverage and supplement business.
- Ability to travel as needed to be effective and successful. Considerable travel will be required in this position to make sales calls and build relationships of new and existing customers.
- Experience in the food/nutrition industry specifically with functional ingredients including sales of technical ingredients; knowledge in food /supplement formulation and solution-providing knowledge.
- Effective at developing customer-based strategic plans for new and existing customers.
- Ability to cold call and consistently attract new customers, increase revenue and profit margins.
- Strong project management, planning, organization, presentation and communications skills.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to independently problem solve and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated, result-oriented, and committed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Confidence to work effectively with minimal supervision and is comfortable working in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Demonstrated passion and skill sets for self-directed customer interaction, effective customer development, and problem-solving activities.
Compensation: We are not a commission based company, rater offering a competitive base salary between $90,000 - $105,000 base along with an annual performance bonus, a solid retirement 401K program, health insurance, laptop, cell phone, and travel budget. We require someone competitive, but who is team oriented and willing to strive for the overall growth of our company.
Please click below: "Apply Now Online!" to email your cover letter and resume.