When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ The mission of the Forest Preserve District of Kane County is to acquire, hold, and maintain lands within Kane County, which contribute to the preservation of natural and historic resources and habitats, flora or fauna; to restore, restock, protect and preserve such lands for the education, recreation, and pleasure of all its citizens. Our goal is to Preserve and Restore the Nature of Kane County. ~
The District employs 70 full-time and 2 part-time employees and approximately 44 summer seasonal employees and 20 year-round seasonal police officers. The headquarters is located at Suite 320, 1996 South Kirk Road, Geneva. Satellite offices are located at the Tekakwitha Woods Nature Center (McGuire House), Trades (Campton FP), Natural Resources (Aurora West), North (Muirhead Springs FP) and South (Grunwald Farms FP) Operation Facilities.
The Community Affairs and Environmental Education Department has one (1) full-time seasonal and one (1) full-time intern Naturalist position available for the 2017 summer season.
- These positions work from the Creek Bend Nature Center, located in Saint Charles, Illinois.
- Hours: Monday through Friday (may include weekends, evenings and holidays) 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Assists in planning and conducting nature programs that have been developed by the naturalist staff.
- Serves as host in the nature center, greeting the public, answering the phone and interpreting the exhibits for visitors.
- Assists in teaching or leading activities at forest preserves throughout the county, as assigned.
- Assists the naturalist staff in the daily operation of the Nature Center and provides program support for the naturalist staff.
- Performs general maintenance of the native plant gardens at Creek Bend Nature Center, including weeding, edging and planting.
- Performs general light cleaning of the Nature Center.
- Must have minimum one –year college course work in biology, botany, environmental science or education or related field.
- Should have some experience in working with the public.
- Must enjoy working with a variety of age groups in outdoor settings.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of ecology.
- Must be enthusiastic, flexible and courteous.
- Must exhibit positive attitude and team spirit.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must hold a current and valid Illinois driver’s license that is free from suspension or revocation during term of employment; must maintain insurability with the District’s fleet carrier.
- Employment is subject to successful results of a criminal history background investigation and satisfactory completion of a physical and drug screen.
Compensation: Starting Salary Range is $9.50 per hour.
- Click "Apply" below - All candidates must apply on-line.
- Must include a resume and two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation may be mailed separately.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled.