When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Tin Mountain Conservation Center has a 35 year success record in promoting an appreciation for the natural environment among children, adults and families through hands-on programs in schools, camps and in the community in the Mount Washington Valley of New Hampshire. ~
Tin Mountain also provides nature study programs, summer camps, field trips, avian research, forestry management, trout stream reclamation, intern training, environmental research and outdoor activities.
The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader of Tin Mountain and is thus responsible for overseeing the administration, fund raising, technical programs and strategic plan of the organization.
The ED reports to the Board of Trustees to fulfill the organization’s mission. The ED oversees about 10 employees who are involved in outreach, fund raising, environmental programs, research and teaching.
The successful candidate must have the necessary education and experience to work with the staff and Board of Trustees to enhance Tin Mountain’s success with donor foundations. The writing of grants, written and oral communications and the ability to manage the annual budget are critical requirements.
- College degrees in an applicable science; Ph.D. preferable.
- Business/Management degrees, Ed.D., MBA may be acceptable.
- Eight or more years nonprofit senior management experience.
- Proven success in nonprofit fund raising and donor relations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Budget management skills; strong organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Ability to convey a vision of Tin Mountain’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
Note: The position is available in early 2017; additional job details available on request.
Compensation: Salary and benefits competitive and scaled to experience and proven success.
Please mail or click "Apply" below to send a cover letter detailing qualifications and skills, your resume and a list of at least three references to:
Peter Klose, Chair-Search Committee
Tin Mountain Conservation Center
1245 Bald Hill Rd.,
Albany, NH 03818