When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ The Montana Land Reliance (MLR) partners with private landowners to permanently protect agricultural lands, fish and wildlife habitat, and open space. ~
The immediate accomplishments of MLR’s conservation work are measured in miles of streambanks and acres of land and habitat protected. The lasting benefits of MLR’s work are the perpetuation of a lifestyle and an economy that rely on responsibly managed private land and increasingly valuable Montana open spaces that will continue to nourish the spirit of future generations.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and overseeing The Montana Land Reliance’s (MLR) fundraising efforts including, the major gifts program, annual fundraising, donor management and prospecting, special events, and capital campaigns. The Coordinator works closely with the managing Directors, fundraising team, and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Grow the major gifts program including identification (prospecting), cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Support the planned giving program with a focus on prospects and coordination.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications.
- Oversee the annual fundraising program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Oversee capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Oversee employee fundraising drives by maintaining spreadsheets of donors and contacts.
- Produce reports and donor briefs as needed.
- Work closely with managing directors, fundraising team, and Board of Directors.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Work with fundraising team to schedule donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Work with other staff to create publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the MLR with communities.
- Support staff with fundraising including training staff on donor software and other educational opportunities.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Coordinate fundraising special events with other staff.
- Oversee grant and foundation fundraising, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of The Montana Land Reliance.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Proven track record in solicitation of large and small gifts.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience using donor software (Bloomerang)
- Be organized, have excellent time management skills and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and a good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in professional fundraising preferred including development strategies, management, and implementation of a major gift program.
Compensation, Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Compensation — $50,000 – $60,000, dependent on experience.
- Full-time, exempt position. Health care and excellent benefit package offered after 6 month probationary period.
- A blend of office work and donor cultivation activities.
- Periodic weekend, early mornings and evening work.
- Work may require some physical exertion such as hiking, walking, standing, or similar activities.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by sending a one (1) page cover letter, references, and a resume to: Montana Land Reliance, P.O. Box 355, Helena, MT 59624, prior to March 3, 2017.