When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) is a global animal welfare organization whose vision is to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended. ~
We work responsibly and sustainably, collaborating with NGO's, governments, businesses and local communities to put animal welfare on the global agenda and show that what's good for animals is good for people and the planet. We are seeking an experienced Campaigns Director to join our team and play a key leadership role in the delivery of our animal protection program work throughout Canada and the USA.
The Campaigns Director provides leadership and strategic oversight of WSPA's animal welfare campaigns and policy initiatives on issues such as Humane and Sustainable Farming, Disaster Management, Wildlife Trade and Marine Debris. Responsibilities include ensuring seamless team and project management across Canada and the USA, strategic planning, budgeting, quality control and evaluation of campaigns.
Additionally he/she will represent WSPA at conferences and other forums, building relationships with key stakeholders and meeting with public officials and corporate leaders. He/She will also interface with colleagues in WSPA offices around the globe. Reporting to the Regional Director, North America, the Campaigns Director will serve as an integral member of the North American regional senior management team, working closely with the Executive Directors of the Canadian and USA offices.
- Lead the development and delivery of effective, high impact, targeted North American campaigns, advocacy and policy initiatives to advance WSPA's global animal protection goals
- Lead/participate in negotiations and presentations to high level contacts in government, international institutions, NGOs, businesses and the media
- Represent WSPA and promote animal welfare by speaking at conferences and forums
- Build relationships with academia, businesses, NGO's and other organizations and individuals
- Supervise campaigns and policy staff throughout Canada and the USA, providing inspiration, direction, input and feedback
- Provide overall project management and coordination for the North American region, including budgeting and operating plans
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Ensure campaigning activities are integrated and that overlapping stakeholders are approached and managed properly
- Monitor program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation to assess the strengths of the programs and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that programs operate within the approved budget
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control them
- Write management reports on program activities and achievements
- Minimum 8 years campaigning, policy and public affairs, or government relations experience
- Experience in developing and implementing a campaign strategy including identifying key processes, influencers and decision-makers
- Experience managing teams of 8 or more staff
- Demonstrated experience in project management, strategic planning and budgeting
- Solid understanding and analysis of political, economic and social processes and trends
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the mission and vision of an organization
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and lobby at a senior level
- Experience working in a campaigning international non-profit and/or animal welfare organization
- Bachelor's Degree required: Master's degree a Public Policy/Advocacy strongly preferred
Please click below: "Apply Now Online!" to email your resume and salary expectations to the attention of:
Regional Director, North America
Subject Line: Campaigns Director, North America
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.