When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Hawai‘i Pacific University is an international learning community set in the rich cultural context of Hawai‘i. ~
Students from around the world join us for an American education built on a liberal arts foundation. Our innovative undergraduate and graduate programs anticipate the changing needs of the community and prepare our graduates to live, work, and learn as active members of a global society.
Hawai‘i Pacific will be consistently ranked among the United States’ top 10 Western, independent, comprehensive universities, leveraging its geographic position between the Western and Eastern hemispheres and its relationships around the Pacific Rim to deliver an educational experience that is distinct among American campuses.
The faculty, staff, students and overall university community of Hawai‘i Pacific embrace the following values as representative of the spiritual, ethical and philosophical principles that support our community as well as of the aspirational ideals to which we collectively aspire.
The Biology Program at Hawai`i Pacific University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Biology. The successful applicant will be a dynamic and engaging instructor who will teach courses in support of our Bachelor of Science degree that has two concentrations: Human Health Sciences and General Biology.
- Instructors are needed to teach a range of courses from the two-semester General Introductory Biology sequence to invertebrate/vertebrate zoology, ecology, and microbial ecology.
- The position will coordinate and help develop courses and will provide service to and on behalf of the Department and University through activities such as committee work, student advising, and program review.
- The new faculty member is expected to engage in scholarship activities, with priority for those which engage and enhance the academic and professional development of our students.
- A scholarly focus on Hawaiian terrestrial or marine systems is welcome.
- Ph.D. from a regionally accredited university in Biology or an allied field.
- 2 years of teaching experience, which can include Teaching Assistant experience, in undergraduate biological sciences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to teach classes scheduled during days, evenings, and weekends.
- Able to teach classes at multiple locations on Oahu.
- Report to work obligations to support the department and may require work during HPU's winter break, if necessary.
- Demonstrated dynamic and engaging teaching in biology courses.
- A willingness to mentor and advise undergraduate students.
- Research experience and publication record in a biology-related field that will augment the student's classroom experience.
- Potential to engage students in scholarly and professional development activities.
- Experience with assessment of academic programs and/or curricular development.
- Strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity, and ability to interact effectively with diverse cultural and ethnic groups.
- Because the Biology Programs and the Masters in biomedical sciences seek to prepare students for science careers in industry, we welcome applicants with industry experience.
- Successful candidate will be able to work in an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills.
Please be sure to click here and follow the application instructions provided on our website.
Application deadline is Thu. 03/09/17 11:59 PM Hawaii Time.
~ Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class covered by state and federal law. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment. ~