When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ ENSCO, Inc., and its wholly owned subsidiaries represent a $100 million international technology enterprise, headquartered in the Washington, D.C., area. ~
For almost 50 years, the ENSCO group of companies has been providing engineering, science and advanced technology solutions that guarantee mission success, safety and security to governments and private industries worldwide. ENSCO operates in the aerospace, avionics, national security and rail sectors. Field offices and subsidiaries, representatives and partnerships are located throughout the United States and around the world.
ENSCO, Inc.'s National Security Solutions Division is seeking a Junior Environmental Hydrologist/Scientist to join its Melbourne, Florida Hydrologic Analysis Team. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a junior scientist to build upon his/her academic and professional experience in a real-world, hands-on environment.
- Working under the supervision of an experienced senior scientist, the Junior Scientist will contribute to developing programs in the integration of complex water resource and geospatial data, use geographic information systems, develop prototype models, prepare technical studies or reports, and present technical briefings and demonstrations in support of Department of Defense (DoD) projects.
- The successful candidate will serve as an Analyst for the Hydrologic Analysis Team within an Environmental Modeling Group. Bring your Chemistry background and get started on the career you've been searching for!
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Hydrology, Environmental Science or similar concentration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in Chemistry and modeling.
- Understanding of the physical, chemical, and biological processes controlling how climate and land management interact with water balance processes over regional and continental scales.
- Understanding of the coupling between Land Information System (LIS) Modeling and Hydrology Modeling.
- Experience in performing Research and Development (R&D) (undergraduate research acceptable) focused on theory, modeling, or simulation.
- Knowledge of hydrologic analysis, hydrology and geographic information systems (GIS).
- Understanding of the water and sediment transport processes.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance for which you must be a U.S. citizen; you will not be considered for this position if you do not meet this requirement
- Experience in flood prediction.
- Experience in stream flow prediction modeling such as: SWAT, BASINS, HECRAS, RAPID, GSSHA.
- Strong background in chemistry.
Please be sure to click here and follow the application instructions provided on our website.