When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Ecotone, Inc., a Maryland Corporation founded in 1998, is one of few companies that provides full delivery ecosystem restoration services including design, consulting, and construction throughout the United States. ~
Our unique blend of multidisciplinary staff consisting of ecologists, geomorphologists, landscape architects, and construction specialists (to name a few) has over 95 years of experience in all aspects of ecosystem restoration working closely with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Through design, construction, and ecosystem credits, we strive to negate existing and future impacts on the natural environment. We understand the importance of ecotones between natural and man made environments and embrace the opportunity to restore and preserve their function and integrity. We pride ourselves on the ability to provide these services at a competitive price to a diverse group of clients; including public and private developers, landowners, governmental agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
From the firm's multi-disciplinary structure, a unique "design/build" environment has emerged where applied knowledge, real world experience, and adaptive management strategies are incorporated at the earliest stages ensuring better understanding of the goals and objectives of each projects. As a result, we have created a team with exceptional experience capable of streamlining project delivery and effectively reducing costs while providing a restoration project with lasting ecological benefits.
Ecotone, Inc. is looking for a positive, self-starting experienced Stream Restoration Designer to join our team. Ecotone Inc., an innovative and growing design/build environmental restoration company. The Stream Restoration Designer will become an integral part of Ecotone’s design team to providing support for various project needs. The ideal candidate should have experience designing stream and wetland restoration projects and an interest in ecological restoration and environmental consulting.
If you are the person we’re looking for, you will be devoted to finding practical solutions with sustainability as a forefront consideration. You’ll be willing to take risks and create new and better ways of doing things. You will enjoy working closely with other Ecotone team members to find ways to go the extra mile and deliver results beyond the expected.
You will enjoy being part of a team of people that freely share what they know with each other, with clients, and with the community at large. You will have a growth mindset and understand that a passion for learning is a prerequisite for success at Ecotone. You will very quickly develop relationships with other Ecotone team members based on mutual trust and respect.
Qualified candidate will work with our Design/Build team in planning, drafting, design, and permitting of ecological restoration projects.
- Perform field and office studies, H&H modeling and design tasks associated with stream and wetland restoration projects
- Prepare construction documents in partnership with technical and CAD staff, and environmental scientist
- Coordinate with Project managers, Foreman, and Construction personnel before, during and after project implementation
- Represent company at conferences and professional association functions
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates for new projects
- Write reports and design summaries to document methods and analysis
- Manage multiple projects, schedules, and work with an interdisciplinary team of staff
- Works with Ecotone team to develop schedule, budgets, invoices and milestones
- 3-7 years of experience in watershed assessment, stream assessment (geomorphic and/or biologic), ecological restoration design and permitting including stream, wetland, forest, habitat enhancement, and have a portfolio of successful innovative projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Ecology, Hydrology or related field
- Stream assessment and design training and/or legacy sediment training/experience
- Experience with natural channel design and/or legacy sediment removal methods utilizing innovative and sustainable techniques
- Working knowledge and a comprehensive skill set in AutoCAD Civil 3D software, ArcGIS, hydraulic/hydrologic modelling
- Team player with excellent leadership skills and the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills and project/task management experience with strong attention to detail
- PE, LA or other license a plus
Compensation: Ecotone offers an excellent salary and bonus structure, comprehensive benefits package, and a unique work environment on a small farm in Harford County, Maryland.