When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Onyx Renewable Partners L.P. ("Onyx"), a portfolio company of Blackstone, provides flexible, creative solutions for the development, finance, construction and operation of Commercial & Industrial distributed generation and utility-scale solar as well as wind power projects in North America. ~
The Solar Project Developer will work with and coordinate deliverables from multiple departments at Onyx, including Business Development, Finance, Legal, Engineering, Asset Management and Construction. They will be responsible to oversee the entire development process of a project from early to late-stage of a project life cycle.
This includes detailed document review of Utility/Property Easement Agreements, Site lease & amendments, Interconnection and or Net Metering agreements, Phase # 1 ESA reports, Geotechnical reports, Independent Engineer reports, FAA Notice of Actual Construction or Alteration application.
The Solar Project Developer will work closely with a staff member from Business Development through the early stage of a projects initial sales cycle and will provide feedback to Construction, Engineering, Asset Management, Legal and other stakeholders as directed in formal reports, meetings and interactions. The Solar Project Developer will collaborate with stakeholders to develop action items to address noted deliverables and ensure that the responsible and assigned parties provide those deliverables in accordance with required timelines.
The Project Developer will be responsible for compiling all project related costs (ex. interconnection application fees, utility upgrades, engineering cost, legal fees, title search fees) through historical data or working with the procurement or estimating department to source same. As part of Onyx's Business Development Team, The Solar Project Developer will support Business Development efforts to prepare an internal budget memo for approval to Blackstone.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of, and experience in, solar power generation design and construction with broad knowledge of electrical, civil and structural design and construction methods. Prior construction experience that involved threatened or endangered species, wetlands delineations, Landfills/Brownfields and civil site work is required.
- Review scopes of work for each stage of development and provide feedback to Engineering & Construction Departments within Onyx on the impacts of how certain agreements or site specific scope of work might impact a project viability. (ex. structural, roof manufacturer & age of roof, grading, roads, vegetation control and shading, storm water management and erosion control).
- Work with Construction Department to develop a methodology for completing project and develop internal budgeting. Apply knowledge of commercial roof replacement, concrete or asphalt paving repairs, structural or electrical upgrades and how they would impact a projects financial returns.
- Work with Engineering Department to develop utility interconnection submittal packages. Submit IX package and track through to "Approval to Construct". Upon completion of project, work with Construction, Engineering & Asset Management Departments to submit final As-built IX package to local utility and track through until project PTO "Permission to Operate" is received in writing.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of utility regulatory agency requirements, local building codes for proper adherence that would impact a project ability to be completed and report back to Construction & Engineering Departments on how it may impact project success.
- Work with outside engineering firms assigned to each project and track preparation of permit drawings through design process with Onyx Engineering & Construction Team. Work with Onyx Construction Department in assisting in securing sub-contractors pricing when needed.
- Work with land-use attorneys to support preparation of applicable land use board application submittals.
- Act as main interface with all stakeholders related to project including utilities, county or municipal governments.
- Work with Onyx Construction Department in the preparation & submittal of incentive documentation packages to state utility authorities. Track submittal through to completion. Upon completion of project, work with Onyx Construction, Engineering & Asset Management Departments to submit final As-built package to state utility authority until approval of project is received in writing.
- Maintain weekly communication with stakeholders and report back to Onyx Construction & Engineering Departments any concerns during project construction phase.
- Work with Engineering, Construction & Asset Management Departments to provide proper documentation to Finance Department for tax equity traunching process.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
- Reports directly to President and the Business Development lead in charge of specific projects.
- Base office assignment will be Sausalito, CA, New York, NY or Robbinsville, NJ.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Construction Technology or another related technical field, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of qualifying construction management experience in commercial real estate development. Solar power generation (preferred), wind or other alternative power generation, or conventional power generation industries.
- Considerable knowledge and expertise in building construction and related site work; structural, electrical, communications and mechanical system installations and associated codes.
- Knowledge of construction principles and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of safe building and construction practices.
- Current knowledge of solar installation best practices and standards.
- Proficiency with personal computer use, including Microsoft Office software suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project).
- History of demonstrating sound judgment and decision making ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Complex problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively and clearly in a professional work environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced, and constantly evolving environment as well as extended hours, as required.
- Physical Requirements for Position: Walking, Sitting, Standing, Hearing, Effective Verbal Communication, Vision, both Active construction outdoor environmental conditions and sedentary work.
- Solar/wind power generation design, land use, and project development experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to solar/wind development.
- Experience with obtaining special site construction permits, site plan approvals and/or zoning exemptions.
- Travel will be required (including overnight travel and multiple day site visits).
- Evening and weekend hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to walk construction job sites.
Note: The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
If you're interested in career opportunities with Onyx Renewable Partners L.P., please click below: "Apply Now Online!" to email (or mail) a cover letter and resume outlining your job skills, employment history and educational background to:
Monica Sargent, Office Manager, Onyx Renewable Partners L.P.
1 AAA Drive, Suite 205
~ Onyx provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Onyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Onyx expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Onyx's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. ~
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!